is a full-function 4GL report writer for z/OS
and VSE mainframes. Spectrum Writer lets programmers and end users quickly
produce production reports, custom one-time reports, analyses and queries.
Spectrum Writer is also a powerful
format utility that extracts mainframe data and formats it any way you
need it-- for PC programs such as Excel, Access, Lotus etc.
Or, for use in Oracle databases or other ASCII-based platforms. Spectrum
Writer can even format your mainframe data as HTML for immediate
viewing on your Internet or Intranet site, or to send by e-mail.
Spectrum Writer accepts
existing COBOL and Assembler record layouts so no data dictionary
is required. Designed for both programmers and end users, it uses
a simple free-format language. Spectrum Writer gives you 4GL access to
every file on your mainframe. Written entirely in fast, efficient
assembly language it uses far less CPU than other report writers.
Spectrum Writer's features include:
- access multiple input files in a single run
- produce multiple outputs (reports and/or files) in a single run
- mix and match data from flat files, VSAM files and DB2 tables
- create your own new fields
- more than 50 built-in math, date, time and string functions
- computes statistics
- summarizes data
- full customization of the output's appearance
- unlimited number of control breaks
- reports wider than 132 characters
- prints bar graphs
- validates numeric data to avoid SOC7 ABENDs.
- PC-formatting feature reformats "non-PC-friendly" fields (such as
packed, binary, and hex numbers, Julian dates, and bit fields). Spectrum Writer easily converts these fields to standard ASCII formats that PC programs can use.
- accepts existing reports as input (and creates comma-delimited or HTML files)
- automatically converts output to HTML-formatted "web reports", if desired
click here to see a longer list of Spectrum Writer features