CIMS Report Writer
is a full-function 4GL report writer designed
to work with IBM's CIMS Mainframe chargeback system (IBM Tivoli Usage and Accounting Manager for z/OS, or ITUAM).
CIMS Report Writer lets programmers and end users quickly
produce production reports, custom one-time reports, analyses and queries from CIMS Mainframe data.
CIMS Report Writer is also a powerful file
format utility that extracts CIMS mainframe data and formats it any way you
need it-- for PC programs such as Excel, Access, Lotus etc.
Or, for use in Oracle databases or other ASCII-based platforms. CIMS Report
Writer can even format your CIMS mainframe data as HTML for immediate
viewing on your Internet or Intranet site, or to send by e-mail.
CIMS Report Writer, designed for both programmers and end users, uses
a simple free-format language. Written entirely in fast, efficient
assembly language it uses far less CPU than other report writers.
CIMS Report Writer's features include:
- access multiple input files in a single run
- produce multiple outputs (reports and/or files) in a single run
- mix and match data from flat files, VSAM files and DB2 tables (with available DB2 Option)
- create your own new fields
- more than 50 built-in math, date, time and string functions
- computes statistics
- summarizes data
- full customization of the output's appearance
- unlimited number of control breaks
- reports wider than 132 characters
- prints bar graphs
- validates numeric data to avoid SOC7 ABENDs.
- PC-formatting feature reformats "non-PC-friendly" fields (such as
packed, binary, and hex numbers, Julian dates, and bit fields). CIMS Report Writer easily converts these fields to standard ASCII formats that PC programs can use.
- automatically converts output to HTML-formatted "web reports", if desired